- 60 minutes of EDI
- 1 hour 35 minutes of professionalism.
- Substantive Hours: 7 hours and 05 minutes (if hours are not needed for EDI and/or professionalism they can be added to)
Plus: Approved for LAWPRO’s Risk Management Credit. Participants who attend the full two days of the program can claim the Risk Management Credit twice. Those attending for one full day can claim once ($50).
The 50th annual Criminal Lawyers’ Association Fall Conference is now open for registration! This is a celebratory year!
The Annual Criminal Lawyers’ Association Fall Conference is Canada’s largest criminal law conference attracting more than 700 defence lawyers, judiciary, educators, reporters and other prominent guests from across Canada. For the latest conference agenda and timing, please monitor the main conference site.
Note, the Fall Conference is returning to a in-person format only. Recordings of presentations MAY be made available to all registrants by December 5 PENDING QUALITY of recordings. If recordings are not available, there are no credits or refunds.
Includes access to Virtual Hub with links panel materials. The Saturday Martin Medal Awards Luncheon is an extra fee. Recordings of presentations MAY be made available to all registrants by December 5 PENDING QUALITY of recordings at no extra charge. If recordings are not available, there are no credits or refunds .
MEMBERS FROM THE GREATER TORONTO AREA (GTA) AS PER ADDRESS LISTED IN THEIR MEMBER PROFILE. This includes members from the City of Toronto and the regional municipalities of Durham, Halton, Peel, and York:
- $350 plus HST: Senior Active, Senior Observer & Affiliate members
- $225 plus HST: Junior Active & Junior Observer members
- $225 plus HST: Articling Student members & members on parental leave
- $100 plus HST: Student members
MEMBERS FROM OUTSIDE THE GREATER TORONTO AREA (GTA) AS PER ADDRESS LISTED IN THEIR MEMBER PROFILE:
- $305 plus HST: Senior Active, Senior Observer & Affiliate members
- $195 plus HST: Junior Active & Junior Observer members
- $195 plus HST: Articling Student members & members on parental leave
- $85 plus HST: Student members
- $600 plus HST: Non-member legal professionals
- $250 plus HST: Non-member students
Please note we do not offer a one-day rate. There is no sharing of registrations.
- FREE to all registrants: CLA Friday Social, Friday, November 18, 6 to 8 p.m. Come and go as you please during the time period noted. We are making the social extra special this year as we celebrate our 50th Anniversary!
- SOLD OUT! $35 plus HST: Saturday, November 19 Martin Medal Luncheon honouring The Honourable David Watt. Please note non-Conference registrants can purchase the luncheon tickets separately for $55 plus HST per person by clicking here.
Access to the Conference Virtual Hub will be emailed to all registrants at least 48 hours in advance to the email address provided when registering. Please be sure to monitor or spam/junk folders for materials. No sharing of materials is allowed as they are included with the registration fee. The CLA does not provide printed copies of the materials.
PLEASE REVIEW IF ATTENDING:
- We highly recommend all in-person attendees be fully vaccinated.
- The venue will be following all local government protocols. Refer to https://covid-19.ontario.ca/public-health-measures
- Stay home if you feel unwell or are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms. If unwell, we ask you to complete a COVID-19 test and quarantine until a negative result is confirmed. If needed, COVID-19 tests can be purchased locally. Please note, with currently circulating COVID-19 variants, it is common for rapid tests to be unable to detect COVID-19 until several days into infection – hence even if you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and are testing negative, please do not attend. Access to the conference recordings will be available by December 5 on the Conference Hub.
Cancellations will be accepted in writing if received by 12 noon (ET) on or before November 1, 2022. Cancellations are to be sent to email@example.com. A $35 admin fee will apply. No refunds will be accepted on or after November 2. The substitution of registrants is not accepted unless emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org 72 hours prior to the event start time. The sharing of registrations is not permitted.
The CLA reserves the right to alter or cancel, without prior notice, any of the arrangements relating directly or indirectly to an event, for any circumstances beyond the CLA’s reasonable control. If the CLA cancels the event, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
In the case of inclement weather, unless otherwise notified by CLA, the event will still take place. When an event proceeds as planned, there will be no refunds should attendees not be able to attend as a result of weather. The CLA will also not be liable to refund registration fees should the event be impacted by a transit strike, strike lock-out, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.